If you are thinking of having curtain tracks instead of curtain poles, please have a look at these advantages and disadvantages before making a decision. It is very important that you find the perfect way to hang your curtains in your home.
The Advantages of Curtain Tracks
There are many advantages to having curtain tracks to hang your curtains.
- Curtain tracks are available in so many different sizes.
- They are also often available in a variety of colours. Therefore, it makes it easy to match with your décor colours.
- Curtain tracks are wonderful at covering very wide window or patio door expanses – there really is no size limit.
- They are very quick and easy to install.
- Excellent for blocking light (when used with appropriate curtain black-out lining) and fitted as close as possible to the wall.
- If a size does not fix perfectly, most tracks can be cut to the custom size at home.
- Depending on the choice of curtain track, it will provide all the necessary support for hanging your curtains. Additional brackets can be fitted to provide additional support to larger, heavier curtains if needed.
- Some curtain tracks can be bent in situ for use around bay windows or curved windows. This can work out more cost effective than a made to measure bay curtain track.
- Most curtain tracks can be either top fixed onto the ceiling or face fixed onto the wall. The choice is yours.
- Curtains will open and close along the track very smoothly, even around bends. Silicone sprays can be used if your curtain track ever becomes a little sticky.
- Curtain tracks can either be corded or uncorded depending on the exact curtain track that you select.
- Curtain tracks can work really well with a wave curtain heading. but please check as you need to ensure you have the right track and the right gliders for specific pleats and headings.
- They can also be a cost effective way to hang your curtains.
The Disadvantages of Curtain Tracks
Curtain tracks also have a few disadvantages.
- When your curtains are open the track is always visible. Many clients don’t like the look of a curtain track being visible in their home. However, there is a solution, consider a pelmet to hide the track or a curtain pole instead.
- If you are thinking about a double or triple pinch pleat heading and would like the track covered the flat section between, every pleat will be pushed forward when the curtains are open, as opposed to back that is preferable in window dressing.
- It is not possible have an eyelet curtain heading on a track and not all tracks will work with a wave curtain heading. Therefore, you need to ensure you have the correct track if you would like a wave heading.
If you are thinking about curtain tracks instead of curtain poles, and are still unsure, please contact us as we would love to help.
If you are looking for some beautiful home accessories for your home, please take a look at our homewares website.